Ninja GDPR Compliance for WordPress is a regulation that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states. And non-compliance could cost companies up to $20 million or 4% of global revenue.
Websites that collect data on citizens in European Union (EU) countries need to comply with strict new rules around protecting customer data from May 25, 2018. Being GDPR Compliant or your business will be at risk.
Why you need GDPR Compliance?
- If you run a WordPress website and EU visitors can access, your site needs to be GDPR compliant.
- If you take advantages in using cookie, or other tracking integrations like Facebook pixels or Google Analytics, etc.
- If you use forms like Contact 7 to collect user’s data, you need GDPR compliance.
- If you use MailChimp or other addon to save users’ data, you need this GDPR compliance.
- If you use any communication service like live chat or support help desk for your site visitors, you need this compliance.
- If your want your business to be secured and trusted and you just need to focus on working and being prospered.
Don’t ignore this regulation If you are one of
WordPress website owners. It doesn’t whether you sell on your website or not, or even if you don’t collect any data. If you have cookies and other features enabled on your site you will be liable for GDPR.
Content Marketers. Are you tracking your users on your website? Do you have Facebook pixel or track your users in other ways? Do EU visitors come to your site and they interact with your articles, leave comments etc?
Ecommerce Sellers. Do you store personal data? Does your site have forms that let people create accounts on your site or share their emails or contact details? Do you use a bulletin board or a communication center for your visitors?
Affiliate Marketers. Are you tracking traffic of your site? Collecting people’s name and email? Do you use Google Analytics or anything else to store personal data for statistics purposes?
Cookie Consent. Informs users about cookie use and gets their consent.
Term & Conditions Consent. Take users automatically to your Term & Conditions Page and gets their consent.
Request Data Archive. Collect Data access requests and automatically inform admin.
Forget me form. Create a form for users to request for their stored data to be deleted and automatically notify website admin.
Data Rectification. Allow users to request their stored data to be rectified.
Data Breach Notification. Notify data breach to all users as required by law.
Control EU Traffic. Now you can display Cookie Popup for EU countries users only or refuse them.